Monday 1 October 2012

My Ladipo Experience...BE WARNED!

As I drove into the street beside GTBank and Zenith Bank in the popular Ladipo market in Mushin area of Lagos State one early morning, I called unto one of the guys strolling by (they call them the "Oso ahia" people). While I explained to him the problem I wanted to fix with my honda car, the number of guys around me suddenly began to multiply. From one to an unbelievable twelve guys surrounded me with different problem identification with my car while they proffered possible solutions "original" as they claimed. Some touched my bumper and showed me the need to fix it "strong" with solid bolts and knots which they had with them, others showed me the need to wash my head lamps "so e go dey shine" as they claimed, while some others showed me the need to change my wiper with a "2 in 1" wiper and drier which the brought to me. Some claimed they could turn my car into a chopper with their skills while others said I needed to fix some other things. Bros, I was so tired, frustrated with their troubles and also very pissed. I thought to myself, what do I do? As a Christian brother, I spoke to them in a calm way at first telling them I didn't need their service but they kept on persisting. Having in mind what I heard about Ladipo, how an individual will visit the market with a fixed budget for N20,000 and eventually spend N200,000 because of the wahala of those guys, I immediately picked up the tough part of my religion and screamed at them with a loud voice asking them to free me. O boy, if to say I nor do like that I for spend like N75,000 instead of my original budget of N7,500. God saved me that day my people, if not I for fall mugu to these guys. Lemme share some tips with you about outdoing the boys in Ladipo market:


a) The number one tip is to KNOW what you want and keep your eyes to it. Dont be confused.
b) Do not change your mind about your intentions or you will acquire more intentions
c) Do what you wanna do with your car and immediately leave the market
d) Make sure you park your car in a well guarded place, especially beside any of the banks around there
e) Get to know just one person there and continue to deal with and through him
f) Do not get carried away by their sycophancy. Them go hail you tire, ignore the hailings.
g) Have a fixed budget and stick to it
h) Learn to acquire the courage to chase all those guys who'll come around you. Truth is, dem nor send you, they are just after their daily bread.
i) Trust no one even that one person you will continue to deal with

I appreciate Ladipo market very much because it is a one-stop car fixing/spare parts community. There is always a solution to the needs of your car any day. Never let the "Oso ahia" guys outsmart you. BE WARNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment